Duff & Phelps’ Tax Arrears Solutions team uses a hands-on approach to help companies facing financial uncertainties. We work with managers and their advisors to review working capital management and devise solutions that improve cash flow.
While we recognize the importance of communicating with all creditors, HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) warrants particularly close attention as the department has access to a range of recovery processes, including value-added tax and pay-as-you-earn bonds, bailiff actions, county court judgements and winding up petitions, that can undermine any turnaround initiative.
Duff & Phelps has assembled one of the UK’s leading teams dedicated to helping businesses with tax arrears secure achievable repayment plans. We have a proven methodology and a strong track record of obtaining Time To Pay (TTP) arrangements.
We take the time to ensure management's strategy is appropriate and adequate for all the challenges ahead and even recommend getting a second opinion. Major clearing banks, asset-based lenders and professional advisors regularly engage our services on behalf of their clients.
Who are our customers?
- Businesses with trading issues and existing tax arrears or foresee difficulties meeting obligations in the immediate future
- Funders whose clients with tax arrears have been requested to provide additional funds to meet these obligations
- Professional advisors who seek to add real value by cutting attrition rates for clients with tax arrears
What services do we provide?
- Liaising and negotiating with HMRC and its appointed officers, including bailiffs and solicitors
- Ensuring all proposed TTP arrangements are achievable and delivered promptly according to HMRC’s deadlines and timescales
- Providing an independent expert assessment of a business’s viability and the adequacy of its strategy for meeting ongoing challenges
- Assisting in long-term and short-term forecasting for cash flow and creditor management
Why Duff & Phelps?
- Our team is widely recognized in the financial community as one of the market leaders in this area of expertise and has obtained more than 75 TTP arrangements since 2018
- Our experience in constructing and presenting a sensible arrangement that accounts for many practical issues and avoids many pitfalls may make the difference between restoring the goodwill and confidence of HMRC and exacerbating an already difficult situation that ultimately leads to a winding up petition
- Combining our turnaround and refinancing skills with our substantial experience in resolving tax arrears enables us to quickly assess a situation and provide clear advice and realistic solutions
Download our brochure to learn more about how Duff & Phelps can help you and/or your clients with HMRC matters.